- The Gobrecht Journal. Published 3 times per year by the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. Free to members.
- Seateddimevarieties.com. A website created by Gerry Fortin to document the known die marriages in the Liberty Seated Dime series.
- Bill Bugert (with Randy Wiley); A Register of Liberty Seated Half Dollar Varieties; Volumes I through IV are in print, with
several future volumes still to be published.
- Q. David Bowers; Silver Dollars and Trade Dollars of the United States, a Complete Encyclopedia, Volume 1. Published in
1993 by Bowers & Merena Galleries, Inc.
- Dick Osburn; An Analysis of Rarity and Population Estimates for Liberty Seated Half Dollars, published in Issue #76 of
the Gobrecht Journal, November, 1999.
- Randy Wiley and Bill Bugert; The Complete Guide to Liberty Seated Half Dollars, published in 1993 by DLRC Press, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Walter Breen; Walter Breenís Encyclopedia of United States and Colonial Proof Coins, 1722-1989, revised and corrected
edition published in 1989 by Bowers & Merena Galleries, Inc.
- John Kroon; The Four Reverses of the Carson City Seated Dollars, published in the Gobrecht Journal, March, 1982.
- Stephen Petty; A New Method of Attributing 1870-CC Seated Dollars, published in Issue #115 of the Gobrecht Journal, November, 2012.
- Dick Osburn and Brian Cushing; The 1870-CC Liberty Seated Dollar: A Wealth of New Information Discovered, published in
Issue #122 of the Gobrecht Journal, Spring, 2015.
- Dick Osburn and Brian Cushing; The Workhorse Seated Dollar Reverse Die of 1848, published in Issue #120 of
the Gobrecht Journal, Summer, 2014.
- Dick Osburn and Brian Cushing; The Mystery of the 1856 Overdate Dollar, published in Issue #115 of the Gobrecht Journal, Fall, 2012.
- Bill Fivaz and J. T. Stanton; The Cherry Picker's Guide, published by Whitman Publishing, numerous volumes.
- Harry X. Boosel; An 1873-S Standard Dollar was Sent for Assay, published in Issue #45 of the Gobrecht Journal, July, 1989.
- Heritage Auctions; The 2002 Central States Numismatic Association Signature Sale, April, 2002.
- Kevin Flynn; The Authoritative Reference on Liberty Seated Dollars, self-published by Kevin Flynn in 2014.
- John Dannreuther; 1853 Proof Liberty Seated Dollar, Original or Restrike?, an article included in Reference 16.
- Private correspondence with John Dannreuther.
- Heritage Auction Catalog; The Eugene H. Gardner Collection, Part III, May, 2015.
- Walter Breen; Walter Breen's Complete Encyclopedia of U. S. and Colonial Coins, published by Doubleday, E. C. I. Press, 1988.
- Dick Osburn and Brian Cushing; The Obverse Die for the 1870-S Dollar came from Carson City, published in Issue #128 of the Gobrecht Journal, Spring, 2017.
- R. W. Julian; The 1870-CC Dollar Mintage, published in Issue #125 of the Gobrecht Journal, Spring, 2016.
- Dan Owens; 1872-S Liberty Seated Dollar Timeline and Demand Chart, published in Issue #129 of the Gobrecht Journal, Summer, 2017.
- Dick Osburn; Solving the Mystery of the With Motto Liberty Seated Dollar Patterns Dated Prior to 1866, published in Issue #131 of the Gobrecht Journal, Spring, 2018.
- Lane Brunner and John Frost; Double Dimes - The United States Twenty-cent Piece, self-published, 2014.
- Dan Owens; Where are they Today? The Missing 1873-S Seated Liberty Dollar, an article published in January 27, 2017 issue of Coin World.